Advocate of innovators, creators, and performers.
I’m a media and technology lawyer in the London office of DAC Beachcroft, an international law firm.
My specialisms are intellectual property, privacy, expression, publicity, and image rights. I particularly enjoy working with clients in the creative industries and the audiovisual sector. I also regularly advise medical research and financial services companies on their media and technology matters.
► Publications and appearances
- Dispatches, “Deep Fakes: Can you trust your eyes?” on Channel 4
- Do Deepfakes Pose a Golden Opportunity? for The Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice
- From Ghost Acting to Deepfakes, forthcoming special report for The European Audiovisual Observatory
Further projects and publications are listed on my Portfolio page.
► Recent work highlights:
- advising a medical technology company on its use of AI-generated facial models and the NVIDIA deep learning source code
- advising a film studio on the implications of Brexit upon its sales and distribution arrangements in Europe
- drafting collaboration and manufacturing agreements for a fashion designer
- advising a lifestyle blogger on brand protection and compliance with advertising regulations
- advising a manufacturer of export-controlled (dual-use) technologies on its exports to Asia
- drafting influencer sponsorship agreements for a talent management and marketing agency
► Background and other interests
► Friendly reminder
KelseyFarish.com is my personal website, where I share legal stories I find interesting, some general information, and my personal opinions only. The writing on this website does not constitute legal or professional advice, and does not reflect the views of my firm. I am not your lawyer (unless I actually am). My site’s T&Cs are here.